Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunday [Monday] Seven!

1. I meant to post yesterday, but I completely forgot! I wasn't even that busy, though I never really had a spare moment. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I just kept myself busy. Church and lunch with my friend Laura and her boyfriend Shaun (this is a usual thing on Sundays.) And then I did my homework and then clean my dorm room (it gets really dusty in here.) Then I helped my friend Valerie study for a test. We did that for a few hours and that also consisted of us going to get dinner at Waffle House. LOVE. THAT. PLACE. Then I did laundry! LOL. And also started reading a little bit. FOR FUN! I haven't read in forever! And this subject will take me to number 2!


2. I started reading Bel Canto last night. It's by Ann Patchett and it's really good right now! Here's the synopsis:

Somewhere in South America, at the home of the country's vice president, a lavish birthday party is being held in honor of Mr. Hosokawa, a powerful Japanese businessman. Roxanne Coss, opera's most revered soprano, has mesmerized the international guests with her singing. It is a perfect evening -- until a band of gun-wielding terrorists breaks in through the air-conditioning vents and takes the entire party hostage. But what begins as a panicked, life-threatening scenario slowly evolves into something quite different, as terrorists and hostages forge unexpected bonds and people from different countries and continents become compatriots.

Without the demands of the world to shape their days, life on the inside becomes more beautiful than anything they had ever known before. At once riveting and impassioned, the narrative becomes a moving exploration of how people communicate when music is the only common language. Friendship, compassion, and the chance for great love lead the characters to forget the real danger that has been set in motion and cannot be stopped.


3. So a while ago I discovered etsy.com. It. Is. Satan. I swear. I got these necklaces from there:



If you're every having trouble getting me a present just go there and get me a funky necklace. I LOVE necklaces or earrings. I don't wear much more jewelry than that.



4. I have 15 quizzes, 3 modules (they're like quizzes, but they take about an hour to do), 4 exams, a speech, and a paper due before spring break. Welcome to college. Sigh. I'm not stressed about the quizzes or the modules or even the paper and 2 of the exams, but the speech and the other 2 exams are going to be too much. Especially the exam that's online THE DAY BEFORE I LEAVE TO GO HOME! After my last class I have to come back to my room and take a darn test online! the second my last class is done I'm going to be SO READY for Spring Break that it's not even funny. And then I have to come back to reality and take a stupid test. SIGH!!!!!!!



5. Speaking of Spring Break, which I leave for home on the 12th and come back on the 20th of March, I am planning to order SO MANY BOOKS. I wanted to wait to order a ton of books with the gift cards I got from Barnes and Noble until Spring Break so I wouldn't have to carry ALL those books back home at the end of the semester. Can I just tell you how excited I am to spend a ridiculously large amount of money on books and not feel guilty about it?



6. Staying on the subject of Spring Break (can you tell that I REALLY want my Spring Break?), I am so excited to see my friends from back home! I miss my bestie. And I miss my family. And I miss MY BED!


See how comfy that looks. The picture was taken in the summer so I didn't need a comforter, but still! It's a queen size bed and SO COMFY. I miss it. And I miss cooking. And baking. oh jeez. Spring Break can NOT come fast enough.

7. I have class soonish. It's 11:55 and I have class at 12:35. Can I just say that I HATE English. This is my least favorite subject that I'm taking right now. Even my communications class is better. And I have to GIVE SPEECHES in that class!!

1 comment:

  1. I like those necklaces! And I'm excited for you that you're excited for Spring break so you can go home! :)

    ReplyDelete